Friday, March 18, 2016

Crab and Eggplant Pirogues!

I love to eat, and I love to eat GOOD FOOD! I cannot stand the typical "diet" food. So, I love the challenge of making delicious foods that are low in points value. It's a win/win combination. I hope you give this a try!
 
I made this last Friday night, I was in the mood for something decadent but was trying to make good choices. This dish was amazing and very low points! I enjoyed it with a lovely Chardonnay and great company!
 
Crab and Eggplant Pirogues
Serves 4, 3 Weight Watchers Smart Points per serving.
 
8 oz. crab meat (I used claw meat, but if you have lump that's great too) (4pts)
1 large eggplant (0pts)
1 c. seasoning blend (onions, celery, parsley) (0pts)
1 1/2 c. Silk unsweetened cashew milk (the one that is 25 calories per serving) (1pt)
2 wedges laughing cow pepper jack cheese (2pts)
2 slices Kraft fat free American cheese slices (1pt)
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash onion garlic blend
*Cajun seasoning (Tony's) about 1 1/2 tablespoon, divided (if you don't have access to Cajun Seasoning, you can use Season-all or another seasoned salt)
dash of red pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. lemon juice
Pam nonstick spray
5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (3pts)
 
 
preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel eggplant and slice length way in 4 thick slices. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place eggplant in single layer on pan, spray both sides of eggplant with Pam and sprinkle both sides with Cajun seasoning bake for 10-15 minutes on each side until eggplant is golden and tender. While that is cooking pick through crab meat to remove any shells. Spray a large frying pan with Pam and sautĂ© seasoning blend until veggies are tender and onions begin to caramelize, add seasoning, lemon juice and laughing cow, and sliced cheese and cook over low heat until cheese is incorporated, add cashew milk and crab meat, cook on medium for a few minutes until crab is warm and ingredients are mixed well. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Once eggplant is done, spray the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish with Pam and place half of the eggplant in a single layer, top with half of the crab mixture, repeat with remaining eggplant and crab mixture, then sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Enjoy!
 
*I like my food well seasoned, so my directions are for my taste. I suggest adjusting seasoning to suit your tastes.
 
 
 
Delicious!
Crab and Eggplant Pirogues


 

No comments:

Post a Comment